TNR Global is accepting applications for a paid part-time Python/PHP Programmer / Developer intern. The internship will be approximately 20 hours/week and can be combined with university studies. Most work is done via telecommuting, but you must be able to come to Hadley, MA (Western Massachusetts) as needed for meetings.
- Experience with both PHP and Python
- Basic programming experience with Java, C/C++, C#, or equivalent language.
- Basic experience designing, maintaining and modifying SQL/MySQL queries, tables and databases.
- Basic skills with Linux/Unix operating system commands/utilities. Abilities to read and write basic shell scripts, use regex and use IO redirection are required.
Primary assignments will be specific development tasks on complex websites. These could include research, technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of dynamic, database and search engine components of web sites.
How to Apply
Email resumes as simple TEXT email or as web URLs of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email word processing documents. (This is for conversion and virus reasons). Be sure to include contact phone number and any calling limitations.
When applying, in the body of your email, answer the following questions:
1. When should procedural vs object-oriented programming approaches be used for software development efforts?
2. What approaches might you use to serialize/deserialize structured data in response to a RESTful query against a PHP web service you’ve been assigned to develop?
Equal Opportunity Employer
TNR has a long-standing commitment to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and employ qualified persons without regard to gender, race, age, sex, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Individuals shall be judged solely on their job-related aptitude, training, skills, and performance.