tamar writes an article to show the category blog layout
We are looking for a system administrator with scripting expertise to join our talented team. We develop and maintain web based architectures for very large web sites. The position is largely telecommuting, but periodic face-to-face meetings are required. Prefer candidates within a 2 hour drive of 01035 zip code, Hadley, MA.
How to Apply
Email resumes as simple text email or as web URLs of your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email word processing documents. (This is for conversion and virus reasons.) Be sure to include contact phone number and any calling limitations.
In the body of your email, answer this question:
“On RedHat 5.3 system, you start Postfix. It won’t start. Name the first 3 items you would check to determine the issue.”
- Automation of existing tools – internal CMS, Web GUI, Wiki, ticketing system, document management system
- Development of new tools – including, but not limited to cloud tools, tools to manage Amazon web services, OpenVZ and other virtualization technologies, search systems including SOLR/Lucene
- Day-to-day management of the company’s and clients’ Linux server networks under oversight of a senior administrator:
- Updating systems, installing new OSes, installing applications, reconfiguring the network, managing accounts, managing email, monitoring news groups for security alerts and general Sys Admin responsibilities
- PHP, Perl, Python, shell scripting required
- 5 years of real world experience
- Benchmarking, best practices experience
- Redhat, Centos, debian, Linux installation and administration experience
- Cloud/Virtualization experience- especially OpenVZ, AWS and Xen
- High Availability technology
- Tools/UI development
- Scripting – Stream based scripting, Web & System tools dev, Webapp development
- LAMP deployment and administration
- Search engine technologies: Lucene/Solr, or any proprietary search system (s)
- AWS: EC2, RDS, ELB, SNS
- Tools: bash, ssh, vi (or) jove/emacs/jed
- Source Installation Tools: configure, make, perl make, cpan, pear
- Basic web page coding, HTML
- Archive Updating Tools: rpm, apt-get, up2date
- Database: mysql
- Revision control systems: RCS, subversion
- Email MTA: Postfix, sendmail, qmail
- Technical writing and documentation
- Previous experience working primarily remotely/telecommuting – ability to work with minimum face to face supervision
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills in both verbal and written English
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, documentation skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects from start to finish
- Completed project life-cycle tasks include requirements gathering, designing a project spec, implementation, testing, documentation and deployment
You are expected to have your own computer and high speed internet connection. You will work with our team of Internet experts in many locations, using a number of online tools to coordinate your projects. The work is largely telecommuting but periodic face-to-face meeting are required, especially at the start of projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TNR has a long-standing commitment to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and employ qualified persons without regard to gender, race, age, sex, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Individuals shall be judged solely on their job-related aptitude, training, skills, and performance.
Use the power of Solr search for your website with our search solution SolrHQ, a hosted Solr search solution that is easy to set up and scales with your growth.
We offer plans to meet the needs of any sized organization. We offer free tech support and free set up when you sign up for SolrHQ. Our new service SolrHQ is an expandable cloud hosted Apache Solr solution, making Enterprise Search possible for everybody. Read more…
We can assist your organization in any stage of a migration. We can perform an evaluation of your current architecture, draft a plan for migration, work with your internal team on the migration or just consult as needed. Whatever your specific needs are, we can help you achieve your goals. Read our White Paper released February 2012 that presents a Case Study on migration. The paper discusses:
- Loading millions of documents into Solr indexes
- Evaluation and recommendations for tools to bridge the features gap
- Migrating custom pipeline code to Pypes with minimal changes
- Proven ROI after a complete migration
Additionally, we have presented on the subject of FAST ESP to Lucene Solr migrations for the Lucene Revolution Conference in Boston, MA (2010 Slides: Migration from FAST ESP to Lucene Solr (PDF) (pdf:4,067,091)) and at the Apache Lucene Eurocon (web site dead) Barcelona (October 2011). Watch our VP of Search Technology Michael McIntosh’s presentation on FAST to Lucene Solr Migration below. If you like what you see, contact us to explore a Solr migration solution.
TNR Global presented at the Apache Lucene Eurocon in Barcelona, Spain. Michael McIntosh, VP of Enterprise Search Technologies, spoke on the migration from Microsoft FAST ESP to Lucene/Solr open source search.
View the presentation
Migration from Microsoft FAST to Apache Lucene Solr
Our White Paper on Microsoft FAST ESP to Lucene/Solr will be released in January, 2012. To receive your free White Paper, email contact information to email@example.com or subscribe here to receive the White Paper and our newsletter on FAST to Lucene Solr Migration.
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
- If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
- Visit the www.TNRGlobal.com home page and look for links to the information you are looking for.
- Use the navigation bar on the top of this page to find the link you are looking for.
- Click the Back button to try another link.
- Enter a term in the search form above to look for information on TNR Global.
- If you would like to learn more about TNR Global and our services, or if you require specific information, please complete the
request information form.
Big Data is data that has outgrown the processing capacity of traditional database systems. It is data that is too big, moves too fast, or cannot be contained within your database architectures. But Big Data has immense value, because of the information trapped inside. To leverage this value and unlock the data’s potential, it must be processed differently to extract meaningful information.
Our software engineers have experience working with datasets containing several terrabytes of data. We use technologies like Hadoop and HBase to process this data and indexers like Solr and ElasticSearch with JSON to index and extract meaningfull information from enormous data sets. Combining these technologies creates a search engine that powers discovery, business intelligence, and analytics.
Cloud computing offers application vendors, publishers and researchers augmented capacity and an exceptional platform for testing, development and one-off projects, web based applications, parallel or very large batch jobs, scientific computing, and rich media processing.
Benchmarking and prototyping in a properly sized, dedicated environment supports agile development for faster time to market. Because the service is on demand, you can start trying your ideas immediately without needing to fully understand the size and scope of the finished product. It will change the way you work.
Cloud Computing offers the ability to massively scale-up or scale-down the dedicated resources to handle large user volumes, seasonal fluctuations in demand or a large one-time computation. It eliminates the need to plan for maximum capacity in advance and allows applications to programmatically add or remove nodes as needed.
No capital expenditure:
Explore your needs before investing in infrastructure. Computational infrastructure as an operational expense allows for significantly faster deployments and exactly enough capacity for your present needs and your future growth. With the new technology, application vendors can offer faster deployments to their customers and researchers can get faster results without needing months to go through a full cycle of hardware specifications, procurement, and configuration at internal or third party data centers.
Allows you to pay only for what you use. Billing for computation resources can be directly and appropriately attributed to the correct customer, project or grant.
Ability to configure an easily deployable, reproducible and shareable computational environment accessible from anywhere in the world from a web browser.
Eliminates the concern of bringing down the machine or blocking the higher priority work of others. Ability to provide an isolated, temporary development environment for new team members to get up to speed or run new software through rigorous and resource intensive testing.
Cloud computing uses servers that can be located anywhere in the world to take advantage of renewable energy sources and lower cooling requirements. Shared physical hardware and right-sized machine resource allocation mean less excess capacity consuming energy.