Still adding to:
Upgrading from php v5.x to v7.x can be a problem, esp with plugins and themes not under your detailed control.
- There is an application developed to test compatibility, it can be found at:
- A wordpress plugin using this module: php-compatibility-checker
Two issues in using the plugin:
- The plugin installs the full tester, which means 10 meg and 1,082 files per WP install
- It runs much better if called from a shell (or ssh) login using WP-CLI
- More use details:Usage
More comments for running phpcs:
Php fixes that might be expected
- database mysql_X functions is not expected, change to mysqli – most functions match except that the link returned from the mysqli_connect, the connect has a different in the port passed on the host string vs optional parameter.
- Class functions constructor changed from same name as class to __construct
- Create_function changed autonomous function.